Bernadette is an Adult Geriatric Nurse Practitioner recognized for her leadership, unit improvements and nursing skills. She completed her AAS Nursing degree at Cochise College in Douglas, AZ and her RN to BSN at Grand Canyon University.
Bernadette has her Master’s Degree, has been wound care certified for almost 10 years, and specializes in the treatment of patients with complex wounds in both outpatient and inpatient settings. She also supervises patients receiving hyperbaric oxygen therapy for complex conditions to aid in wound healing.
Indications for Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT): (there are many but these area some of those we treat in the clinic)
1. Diabetic ulcers of the lower extremities
2. Soft tissue radionecrosis and osteoradionecrosis
3. Chronic refractory osteomyelitis
4. Compromisted skin grafts and flaps
5. Gas gangrene and progressive necrotizing infection